John Casner, Executive Director, along with NMTC committees comprise the NMTC Team. Together, we offer ‘full-time’ presence and support to all NMTC members. We are pleased to have the support of the Harford County Office of Economic Development for facility resources, the University Center for meeting space and Towson University in NEd for large area confernce space
Each committee investigate issues, recommend direction and initiates action in areas significant to the NMTC membership. Each committee is chaired by an NMTC Board Member.
We welcome members to join a committee to offer their perspective and aid in accomplishing the goals of that individual committee, and the NMTC in total.
- Visionary Awards (Frank Cardo) The NMTC Visionary Awards, celebrates our neighbors, colleagues, family, and friends for their volunteer efforts that contribute to building a STEM-educated workforce and advancing technology & innovation. The combination of the two provide rewarding careers for our children, expands our regional economy and protects our national security. This evening gala honors those individuals.
- GOLF4STEM ( Sue Manning) – Fund raiser for STEM education
- WOW! World of Wine ( Melissa Kuzma) – Largest tech networking event and wine tasting, to raise funds for STEM education and scholarships.
- STEM Summit ( Joan Michel, Profile Partners, inc) Bringing new ideas to educators and classrooms, as well as encouraging and fostering communication between education and business.
- Science Cafes ( Dr. Nina Lamba) Science Cafés are a way for the general public to hear professional scientists talk about their work in a relaxed, fun, and informative setting.The Cafés are primarily aimed at the non-scientist adult and attract a wide-ranging audience from high school students to professional and retired scientists (Students younger than 12 years of age, must be accompanied by an adult). The presentation and audience-driven discussion that follows help to demystify some of today’s headlines.
- Tech Directory ( John Casner) Provide a regional resource compiling technology companies, service providers and academic institutions contributing to the growth of the region. Showcase NMTC member product and service offerings
- Tech-Start ( Douc Zeisel, Tech Comm Ventures) Transforming imagination into innovation; we connect the entreperneur/inventor to resources tt guide and inspire their invention process.
- Growing Business Roundtable (Jack Schammel, Leading Logic) Provide practical guidance to member challenges and opportunities, serving as an advisory group to its members, who are, for the majority, owners, CEO’s or senior leaders of growing businesses.
- Internship Grant Program for Small Businesses (Randy Rippin) NMTC Board will approve grants of $1,000 each to small businesses engaged in technology in the Harford and Cecil County region to provide a 4-month experience for a local student(16 years and older).
- Baltimore County NMTC Chapter (John Casner) Develop programs specific to the technology business resident in this area.
- Harford County NMTC Chapter (John Casner) Develop programs specific to the technology business resident in this area.
- Cecil County NMTC Chapter (John Casner) Develop programs specific to the technology business resident in this area.
- New members (John Casner) Identify, recommend and invite others to join NMTC.
- Member Meetings (Randy Rippin, Dr. Michael O’Leary, ) Suggest topics, plan, recruit speakers and coordinate monthly member meetings
- Support for NMTC (John Casner) Technology tools for member communication
- Fundraising (John Casner) Identify and solicit sponsors for NMTC events and STEM related functions
- PR, Communication (John Casner) Showcase NMTC to keep members informed and to attract new members.
- Membership dues and profiles ( John Casner) Organize and administer annual dues and member profile process