John Casner, Executive Director, along with NMTC committees comprise the NMTC Team. Together, we offer ‘full-time’ presence and support to all NMTC members. We are pleased to have the support of the Harford County Office of Economic Development for facility resources, Battelle for monthly meetings and Towson University in NE MD for large area conference space
Each committee investigate issues, recommend direction and initiates action in areas significant to the NMTC membership. Each committee is chaired by an NMTC Board Member.
We welcome members to join a committee to offer their perspective and aid in accomplishing the goals of that individual committee, and the NMTC in total.
- Visionary Awards, The NMTC Visionary Awards, celebrates our neighbors, colleagues, family, and friends for their volunteer efforts that contribute to building a STEM-educated workforce and advancing technology & innovation. The combination of the two provide rewarding careers for our children, expands our regional economy and protects our national security. This evening gala honors those individuals.
- GOLF4STEM, Fund raiser for STEM education
- WOW! World of Wine, Largest tech networking event and wine tasting, to raise funds for STEM education and scholarships.
- STEM Workforce Summit, Regional collaborative partnership with industry to find best ways to build our STEM educated workforce, in cooperation with regional leaders of K-12 education – educators, academia, industry, non-profits, and government..
- iDisruptor Tech Talk repurposes its half day, Disruptive Technology Summits to a highly focused, TED Talk format, with three distinct ‘talk’ segments – The disruptive technology itself, effect on the people you employ and its potential for revenue growth – the three segments reflect the three ‘pipelines’ we connect members to – Technology, Talent and Revenue. In addition, we include these audience benefits – the 90-minute, 3 topic programs are hosted near the end of the business workday with an immediate segue, on-site, into a collegial happy hour.
- TechKey Cafe, Informal, informative monthly tech cafes, where over coffee and informal networking, a compact 5 minutes of facts, tips and solutions addresses the perplexing technologies that have crept into our everyday lives, creating “ah-ha moments” shedding light on the business, personal and home technologies “ruling our worlds.”
- TechConn3ct Workshops, are recurring workshops both updating and demonstrating emerging technologies. NMTC members and guests connect and learn valuable information from industry, government and knowledge experts on disruptive and tipping point technologies and network with their peers. Designed to encourage new business formation and delivering value to entrepreneurs.
- Tech Leader Roundtable (led by Jack Schammel, Leading Logic) Provide practical guidance to member challenges and opportunities, serving as an advisory group to its members, who are, for the majority, owners, CEO’s or senior leaders of growing businesses.
- TechCast Bullentin, Twice-weekly email and social media broadcasts dedicated to emerging and expanding technologies with content focused on corporate growth and survival, separating the “best from the rest”, curating information on the most impactful, emerging technologies.
- Technology Resource Directory ( John Casner) Provide a regional resource compiling technology companies, service providers and academic institutions contributing to the growth of the region. Showcase NMTC member product and service offerings
- Learn Over Lunch offered as a benefit to members who wish to showcase an aspect of their business as a benefit to members. Update NMTC members in specific areas having a direct influence on them and their company’s ability to advance and grow or mitigate disaster, from a knowledge expert. The knowledge expert could introduce their capability to NMTC membership. NMTC handles all logistics, coordination and registration. A modest fee is charged to cover lunch.
- The Bravura Scholarships for Women in STEM, Bravura Information Technology Systems and the Northeastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) are offering four $5,000 scholarships. Scholarships are open to women, graduating from a Harford or Cecil County Maryland school, pursuing a four-year degree in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM). Two scholarships will be open to graduating women from the Harford County schools. One scholarship will be open to a graduating woman from Cecil County schools. One scholarship will be open to a graduating woman whose parent is an employee of an NMTC member organization (with that organization being in good standing).
- Support for NMTC (John Casner) Technology tools for member communication
- Fundraising (John Casner) Identify and solicit sponsors for NMTC events and STEM related functions
- PR, Communication (John Casner) Showcase NMTC to keep members informed and to attract new members.
- Membership dues and profiles ( John Casner) Organize and administer annual dues and member profile process