John Casner, Executive Director, along with NMTC committees comprise the NMTC Team. Together, we support NMTC members. We are pleased to have the support of the Harford County Office of Community and Economic Development for facility resources, Battelle for monthly meetings and Towson University in NE MD for large area conference space
Each committee investigate issues, recommend direction and initiates action in areas significant to the NMTC membership, and is chaired by an NMTC Board Member.
We welcome NMTC members to join a committee to offer their perspective and aid in accomplishing the goals of that individual committee, and the NMTC in total.
- Visionary Awards, The NMTC Visionary Awards, celebrates our neighbors, colleagues, family, and friends for their volunteer efforts that contribute to building our Workforce for the Future and advancing technology & innovation. The combination of the two provide rewarding careers for our children, expands our regional economy and protects our national security. This evening gala honors those individuals.
- GOLF4STEM, Fund raiser for STEM education and NMTC
- WOW! World of Wine, Largest tech networking event and wine tasting, to raise funds for STEM education.
- Workforce for the Future Summit, Regional collaborative partnership with industry to find best ways to build our future, STEM educated workforce, in cooperation with regional leaders in academia, industry, non-profits, and government.
- iDisruptor Tech Talk is highly focused in a TED Talk-like format, presenting rapidly emerging technologies, potential workplace disruptions and forces underway that could cause unknown business risks or offer unknown rewards. , In all, they reflect the three ‘pipelines’ we connect members to – their Technology, Talent and Revenue pipelines. In addition, as it’s ear the end of the business workday, we immediately segue, because its on-site, into a collegial, catered happy hour.
- Water Cooler, Informal, informative networking while experts share compact facts, tips and solutions helping you overcome the perplexing technologies, processes that have crept into our everyday lives at work, in our career and at home.
- TechConn3ct, Workshops, are recurring workshops both updating and demonstrating technologies as they continue to evolve, presented by industry, academia, and government knowledge experts. Structured to encourage new business formation and delivering value to entrepreneurs.
- Tech Leader Roundtable, (led by Jack Schammel, Leading Logic) Provides practical guidance to member challenges and opportunities, serving as an advisory group to its members, who are, for the majority, owners, CEO’s or senior leaders of growing businesses.
- Technology Resource Directory, Provide a regional resource compiling technology companies, service providers and academic institutions contributing to the growth of the region. Showcase NMTC member product and service offerings
- Learn Over Lunch, offered as a benefit to members who wish to showcase an aspect of their business as a benefit to members. Update NMTC members in specific areas having a direct influence on them and their company’s ability to advance and grow or mitigate disaster, from a knowledge expert. The knowledge expert could introduce their capability to NMTC membership. NMTC handles all logistics, coordination and registration. A modest fee is charged to cover lunch.
- The Bravura Scholarships for Women in STEM, Bravura Information Technology Systems and the Northeastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) are offering four $5,000 scholarships. Scholarships are open to women, graduating from a Harford or Cecil County Maryland school, pursuing a four-year degree in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM). Two scholarships will be open to graduating women from the Harford County schools. One scholarship will be open to a graduating woman from Cecil County schools. One scholarship will be open to a graduating woman whose parent is an employee of an NMTC member organization (with that organization being in good standing).
- L2L (leader 2 Leader), is a social gathering of business leaders and the NMTC Board of Directors, to exchange ideas,and exchange building awareness of NMTC for advice and collaboration on business challenges.
- Support NMTC. Technology tools for member communication
- Fundraising. Raise funds for STEM education, Workforce Building
- Communication. Showcase NMTC to keep members informed and to attract new members.
- Membership profiles. Organize and administer member profile process