Introducing our 2021 NMTC/Bravura Scholarship awardees who will each receive a check for $5,000.
Download PR Release Media Alert – NMTC-Bravura Announces $40,000 in Scholarships for High School Women In STEM, for 2021
|Name||School||Field of Study|
|Stefanie||Matsen||Elkton High School||Computer science|
|Peilin||Chen||Aberdeen Math & Science Academy||Computer Science|
|Erin||O’Leary||North Harford High School||Chemical Engineering|
|Mia||Seergae||Fallston High School||Cellular Biology|
|Christine||Kim||Patterson Mill High School||Neuroscience|
|Ashley||Janus||Fallston High School||Global Health, pre-med|
|Shraddha||Pandya||Aberdeen Math & Science Academy||Neuroscience|
|Mikaela||Truong||Patterson Mill High School||Biomedical Engineering|
2021 applications are closed with future applications accepted between Feb 1 and Feb 25, 2022)
Scope and Intent
Bravura Information Technology Systems and the Northeastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) are offering four, $5000 scholarships. Scholarships are open to women, graduating, this year, from a Harford County or Cecil County high/home school, who will pursue a four-year degree in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), commencing in 2022
Qualified students are asked to submit an essay outlining their visionary approach to using her field of study to affect positive change in the world.
Awardees will be chosen by the Bravura/NMTC Scholarship Committee.
Up to four, $5,000 scholarships will be awarded, in two halves – $2,500 per semester. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room, board, fees, books, and living expenses while pursuing a degree. The scholarships will be administered through a process that provides accountability of the scholarship funds.
The second semester distribution require the awardee to have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a course load of at least 12 credits. Distribution will be made within 30 days of receipt of her sealed, official transcript. If a STEM degree is no longer being pursued, there will be no disbursement
The four Bravura/NMTC scholarships will be awarded to graduating women high/home school seniors pursuing a four-year degree in a STEM field, at the college of their choice, as follows:
- Two scholarships will be awarded to graduating women in Harford County .
- One scholarships will be awarded to a graduating woman in Cecil County
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating woman in either Harford or Cecil Counties, and whose parent is also an employee of an NMTC member organization; that organization being in good standing. See list of NMTC members at https://nmtc.org/membership/member_companies/
Required Student Information
Applicants must submit the following to be eligible for the award, uploaded via the link following the application: NOTE, “Make sure there are no spaces in your file names when uploading.”,
1 – A completed application form
2 – A transcript demonstrating a minimum 3.5 GPA or equivalent
3 – Intended STEM field of study in college.
4 – Educator Recommendations (attach two). List educator names/schools.
5 – A photocopy of her valid form of identification showing applicant is a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident, residing in Harford or Cecil County.
6 – A list of STEM-related activities that demonstrate a true commitment to the pursuit of a STEM college track.
7 – An essay illustrating how the student would use her area of study to affect positive change in the world, solve problems, or face global challenges. Essays must be 300-400 words,
Additional Student Input Helpful in The Selection Process, But Not Necessary. Please Add This to the End of Your Essay.
- Colleges applying to
- Awards and Honors
- Employment history
Preparing Your Documents
Please prepare the requested documents and submit your application. You can upload Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx), Acrobat files (.pdf), or JPEGs (.jpg / .jpeg) files up at 2MB per document.
IMPORTANT: Please Name Your Uploaded Files as Follows:
Firstname-Lastname-Essay ( In your essay, please provide your email address, text number and mailing address for your check)
If You Are Unable To Upload Your Documents through the Form, Please Mail them to NMTC Bravura/Scholarship, 2021-D, Pulaski Hwy, Havre De Grace, Md 21078, postmarked by Feb 25, 2022
- Scholarship notifications to go out in February 1, 2021
- Application Deadline: Feb 26, 2021
- Award: April 1, 2021 with announcement by letter to student
- The award will be presented to all recipients, in the presence of their parents or those they choose, at the Bravura Headquarters, 210 Research Blvd, Suite 300, Aberdeen, MD 21001. Pending COVID-19 situation, this may be a virtual presentation.
- The student’s chosen will allow themselves to be acknowledged at the NMTC’s annual Visionary Awards Gala in February of the year following the award of their scholarship.