THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED for 2018
SCOPE AND INTENT
Bravura Information Technology Systems and the Northeastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) are offering four $5000 scholarships. Scholarships are open to women, graduating from a Harford or Cecil County Maryland school, pursuing a four-year degree in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
Qualified students will submit an essay outlining their visionary approach to using her field of study to affect positive change in the world. Awardees will be chosen by the Bravura/NMTC Scholarship Committee.
Up to four, $5,000 scholarships will be awarded. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room, board, fees, books, and living expenses while pursuing a degree. The scholarships will be administered through a process that provides accountability of the scholarship funds. $2,500 per semester will be paid to the student.
Second semester distributions require the awardee to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a course load of at least 12 credits. Distribution will be made within 30 days of receipt of sealed, official transcript. If a STEM degree is no longer being pursued, remaining funds will cease.
The four Bravura/NMTC scholarships will be awarded to graduating women pursuing a four-year degree in a STEM field, at the college of their choice, as follows:
- Two scholarships will be open to graduating women from the Harford County schools.
- One scholarships will be open to a graduating woman from Cecil County schools.
- One scholarship will be open to a graduating woman whose parent is an employee of an NMTC member organization; that organization being in good standing.
STUDENT INPUT REQUIRED
Applicants must submit the following to be eligible for the award, uploaded via the link following the application:
1 - Fill in application form, below
2 - Sealed transcripts demonstrating a 3.5 minimum GPA or equivalent, an
academic record verified by transcript, educator recommendation.
3 - A list of STEM-related activities that demonstrate a true commitment to the
pursuit of a STEM college track.
4 - Intended field of study in college.
5 - Educator Recommendations (attach two). List educator names/schools.
6 - Valid form of identification showing applicant is a U.S. citizens or permanent
legal resident, residing in Harford or Cecil County.
7 - A visionary essay illustrating how the student would use her area of study
affect positive change in the world, solve problems, or face global challenges.
Essays must be 300-400 words (please see Women in STEM, for you own
If you are unable to upload all documents in a single, multi page document, please mail to NMTC Bravura/Scholarship, 2021-D, Pulaski Hwy, Havre de Grace, MD 21078
ADDITIONAL STUDENT INPUT HELPFUL IN THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Colleges applying to
- Awards and Honors
- Employment History
- The student’s chosen will allow themselves to be acknowledged at the NMTC’s annual Visionary Awards Gala in February of the year following the award of their scholarship.
- Scholarship notifications to go out in January 2019
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Award: May 1st with announcement by letter to student
- Also, presented at High School Awards
Application FormThank you for your submission.Please correct the following issues: