THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS closed for 2020
SCOPE AND INTENT
Bravura Information Technology Systems and the Northeastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) are offering four, $5000 scholarships. Scholarships are open to women, graduating, this year, from a Harford County or Cecil County high/home school, who will pursue a four-year degree in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), commencing in 2020
Qualified students are asked to submit an essay outlining their visionary approach to using her field of study to affect positive change in the world.
Awardees will be chosen by the Bravura/NMTC Scholarship Committee.
Up to four, $5,000 scholarships will be awarded, in two halves – $2,500 per semester. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room, board, fees, books, and living expenses while pursuing a degree. The scholarships will be administered through a process that provides accountability of the scholarship funds.
The second semester distribution require the awardee to have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a course load of at least 12 credits. Distribution will be made within 30 days of receipt of her sealed, official transcript. If a STEM degree is no longer being pursued, there will be no disbursement
The four Bravura/NMTC scholarships will be awarded to graduating women high/home school seniors pursuing a four-year degree in a STEM field, at the college of their choice, as follows:
- Two scholarships will be awarded to graduating women in Harford County .
- One scholarships will be awarded to a graduating woman in Cecil County
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating woman whose parent is an employee of an NMTC member organization; that organization being in good standing.
STUDENT INPUT REQUIRED
Applicants must submit the following to be eligible for the award, uploaded via the link following the application: NOTE, “Make sure there are no spaces in your file names when uploading.”,
1 – A completed application form, below
2 – A transcript demonstrating a minimum 3.5 GPA or equivalent
3 – Intended STEM field of study in college.
4 – Educator Recommendations (attach two). List educator names/schools.
5 – A photocopy of her valid form of identification showing applicant is a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident, residing in Harford or Cecil County.
6 – A list of STEM-related activities that demonstrate a true commitment to the
pursuit of a STEM college track.
7 – An essay illustrating how the student would use her area of study to
affect positive change in the world, solve problems, or face global challenges.
Essays must be 300-400 words (please see Women in STEM, for you own
ADDITIONAL STUDENT INPUT HELPFUL IN THE SELECTION PROCESS, but not necessary. Please add this to your essay, at the end
- Colleges applying to
- Awards and Honors
- Employment history
If you are unable to upload your documents in the six links below, please mail to NMTC Bravura/Scholarship, 2021-D, Pulaski Hwy, Havre de Grace, MD 21078
- Scholarship notifications to go out in January 2020
- Application Deadline: Feb 21, 2020
- Award: April 1, 2020 with announcement by letter to student
- Also, the award will be presented to all recipients, in the presence of their parents or those they choose, at the Bravura Headquarters, 210 Research Blvd, Suite 300, Aberdeen, MD 21001
- The student’s chosen will allow themselves to be acknowledged at the NMTC’s annual Visionary Awards Gala in February of the year following the award of their scholarship.
Application FormThank you for your submission.Please correct the following issues: