WHAT IS IT?
Every time you navigate somewhere using your preferred GPS app, that location is stored in your profile. Prepare to be shocked at what Apple and Google know about your wanderings.
If you’ve used Google Maps for years, there’s probably a startling amount of info about everywhere you’ve gone.
- When signed in, click on your profile picture, then select Manage your Google Account. Or go to your Google Account page here.
- On the left, click on Data & privacy.
- Under History Settings, click Location History.
- At the bottom, click Manage history.
You’ll see a map with details like your saved home and work locations, plus all your trips. You can search by year or down to a specific day in the Timeline box in the top left corner. Try it.
The Apple doesn’t fall far …
Like Google, recent destinations are saved in the Apple Maps app. If you want a clean slate, grab your iPhone or iPad. You have to remove each entry individually from your phone, so it’ll take some time.
- Open Apple Maps and scroll to the Recents
- Swipe left on the route you want to remove and tap Delete.