Not offered in 2023
Scope and Intent
Bravura Information Technology Systems and the Northeastern Maryland Technology Council (NMTC) offer four $5000 scholarships. Scholarships are open to women graduating from a Harford County or Cecil County high/home school, pursuing a four-year degree in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), commencing in 2022
Qualified students submit an essay outlining their visionary approach to using their field of study to change the world positively.
The Bravura/NMTC Scholarship Committee will choose awardees.
The $5,000 scholarships are awarded in two halves – $2,500 per semester. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room, board, fees, books, and living expenses while pursuing a degree.
The second-semester distribution requires the awardee to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a course load of at least 12 credits. Distribution is within 30 days of receipt of a sealed, official transcript. There will be no disbursement If no longer pursuing a STEM degree.
The Bravura/NMTC scholarships are awarded to graduating women high/home school seniors pursuing a four-year degree in a STEM field at the college of their choice, as follows:
- Two scholarships will be awarded to graduating women in Harford County.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating woman in Cecil County
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating woman in either Harford or Cecil Counties whose parent is an employee of an NMTC member organization; that organization being in good standing.
Required Student Information
Applicants must submit the following to be eligible for the award, uploaded via the link following the application: NOTE, “Make sure there are no spaces in your file names when uploading.”,
1 – A completed application form
2 – A transcript demonstrating a minimum 3.5 GPA or equivalent
3 – Intended STEM field of study in college.
4 – Educator Recommendations (attach two). List educator names/schools.
5 – A photocopy of her valid form of identification showing the applicant is a U.S. citizen, or permanent legal resident is residing in Harford or Cecil County.
6 – A list of STEM-related activities that demonstrate a genuine commitment to the pursuit of a STEM college track.
7 – An essay illustrating how the student would use her study area to change the world positively, solve problems, or face global challenges. Essays must be 300-400 words,
Additional Student Input Helpful in The Selection Process, But Not Necessary. Would you please Add This to the End of Your Essay?
- Colleges applying to
- Awards and Honors
- Employment history
Preparing Your Documents
Please prepare the requested documents and submit your application. You can upload Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx), Acrobat files (.pdf), or JPEGs (.jpg / .jpeg) files up at 2MB per document.
IMPORTANT: Please Name Your Uploaded Files as Follows:
Firstname-Lastname-PhotoID (and a head-shot photo for PR and Social media posting
Firstname-Lastname-Essay ( In your essay, please provide your email address, text number, and mailing address for your check)
Lastly, provide an email address that you will access during your college years to inform you of the second-semester portion of your scholarship check. and other benefits.
Click Here to Submit Your Entry
- Scholarship notifications to go out on February 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: February 25, 2022
- Award: on or about April 1, 2022, with the announcement by letter to the student
- Checks mailed at the end of June
- The award will be presented to all recipients, with their parents present or those they choose, at the Bravura Headquarters, 210 Research Blvd, Suite 300, Aberdeen, MD 21001, or a virtual presentation.(pending pandemic restrictions)
- The students chosen will be acknowledged at the NMTC’s annual Visionary Awards Gala in April of the year they receive their scholarship award.