Study.com recently developed a guide to help high school students start planning for college to know what to expect and what steps they need to take. The College Planning Guide for High School Students was designed to steer high school students through the often stressful and exciting college application process. This guide offers in-depth information in several areas, including:
- A year-by-year breakdown of tasks high school students should complete
- Recommendations on how students can decide upon an academic major
- An explanation of the different types of institutions of higher education available
- An introduction to securing financial aid or scholarships
- Pointers on how to prepare for standardized tests
Students may also be interested in the Guide to Career Planning for High School Students, designed to help explore career options.