INTERNET SITES, SEARCH ENGINES, SOFTWARE, AND ONLINE RESOURCES
1. 10K Wizard • www.10kwizard.com
Search tool for information available to the public via the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's EDGAR (Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis and Retrieval) system, including keyword searches on up-to-the-minute SEC filings.
2. ABI Inform • www.silverplatter.com/catalog/umai.htm
Commercial database consisting of business and management literature
covering hundreds of industries around the world.
3. About.com • www.about.com
A subject-based guide to the Internet, with content selected and written by individual subject experts.
4. AllNetReseach • www.allnetresearch.internet.com
Part of the internet.com network, a complete marketplace for Internet research reports, newsletters, directories, and databases.
5. AltaVista • www.altavista.com
A leading search engine among Web users and provider of high-powered search software to intranet, enterprise, and e-commerce clients.
6. Ask Jeeves • www.ask.com
A natural language search engine providing links to relevant Web sites.
7. Bitpipe • www.bitpipe.com
A leading syndicator of in-depth information technology (IT) content.
8. BRB Publications, Inc. • www.brbpub.com
Publisher of sourcebooks and news used by public records researchers.
9. BRS • www.opentext.com
Formerly BRS Online, BRS/Search is now part of Open Text's LiveLink Intranet product.
10. BullsEye • www.intelliseek.com
A Windows-based application to find, track, and manage relevant information on the Web.
11. Business.com • www.business.com
A comprehensive Web directory and search engine that focuses exclusively on business.
12. CEO Express • www.ceoexpress.com
A business news and information portal designed by and for company executives.
13. Chemical Abstracts • www.cas.org
Producer of the world's largest and most comprehensive databases of chemical information.
14. ChoicePoint • www.choicepoint.net
Provider of decision-making intelligence to businesses and government, including public records information.
15. Corporate Information • www.corporateinformation.com
Business portal offering company, industry, country, and state searching.
16. CorpTech • www.onesource.com/products/corptech.htm
The CorpTech database is now being marketed as OneSource CorpTech Profiles. It covers more than 50,000 U.S. high-tech companies.
17. Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) •www.silverplatter.com/catalog/nurs.htm
Database serving as an authoritative source of information for the professional literature of nursing, allied health, biomedicine, and health care.
18. DataStar • www.dialog.com
Europe's leading online database service, providing access to more than 350 databases with worldwide coverage; part of the Dialog Corporation, a Thomson company.
19. Delphion Intellectual Property Network • www.delphion.com
A Web site for searching, exploring, analyzing, and tracking patents and related information.
20. Derwent • www.derwent.com
Provider of value-added patent and scientific information.
21. Dialog • www.dialog.com
A Thomson company, offering more than 600 industry databases with specialized indexing software.
22. Dun & Bradstreet • www.dnb.com
A leading provider of business information for credit, marketing, purchasing, and receivables management decisions worldwide.
23. Factiva • www.factiva.com
Provider of Web-based global business information from more than 8,000 sources; producer of Dow Jones Interactive.
24. First Call • www.firstcall.com
A Thomson Financial company, providing real-time, commingled equity and fixed income research, corporate news, quantitative, and shareholdings data.
25. FirstGov • www.firstgov.gov
A public-private Internet partnership connecting the world to extensive U.S. government information and services.
26. FreeEdgar • www.FreeEdgar.com
Offers the individual user easy, basic access to SEC EDGAR filings.
27. Gale Group • www.galegroup.com
Publisher of reference books, CD-ROMs, and Internet-delivered products to serve the information needs of students, businesspeople, and other researchers.
28. GDSourcing • www.gdsourcing.com
A reference point for Canadian statistics and an official distributor of Statistics Canada products.
29. Google • www.google.com
General search engine with broad Internet coverage.
30. Google Web Directory • www.directory.google.com
Search directory for the Internet arranged by topic.
31. Hoover's • www.hoovers.com
Company profile and business news portal, offering in-depth reports with subscription.
32. Industry Week • www.industryweek.com
Daily news and information portal, with specific industry news options.
33. InfoUSA • www.infousa.com
Verified business profile information provider, specializing in customized mailing lists.
34. International Market Research Mall (IMR Mall) • www.imrmall.com
Specialized access to search, select, buy, and view full-text market research reports online.
35. Knowledge Express • www.knowledgeexpress.com
Business development and competitive intelligence for organizations involved with science/technology research and new inventions.
36. KnowX • www.knowx.com
Web-based public records information provider.
37. LexisNexis • www.lexis-nexis.com
Major online information provider of legal information (Lexis) and specialized business and news databases (Nexis).
38. Librarians' Index to the Internet • www.lii.org
A searchable, annotated subject directory of Internet resources selected and evaluated by librarians.
39. LookSmart • www.looksmart.com
A Web-based directory for business listings around the world.
40. MarketResearch • www.marketresearch.com
Search and information portal for buying market research reports.
41. National Institute Of Health • https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/ugsp
U.S. National Library of Medicine's (NLM) premier bibliographic database, containing more than 11 million references to journal articles in life sciences with a concentration on biomedicine.
42. Guide to Masters in Special Education Degrees • http://www.mastersinspecialeducation.org/
Careers and Job Opportunities for a Masters in Special Education
43. MindBranch • www.mindbranch.com
Market research clearinghouse offering reports and other information from a variety of publishers.
44. Multex • www.multex.com
A global provider of investment information and technology solutions for the financial services industry.
45. National Library of Medicine • www.nlm.nih.gov
Official medical library of the United States.
46. Online Public Access Catalogs (OPACs) • www.libdex.com
Searchable library catalogs available through the Internet.
47. Price's List of Lists • http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~gprice/listof.htm
Clearinghouse for lists of information on the Internet, including rankings of people, organizations, and companies. Compiled by Gary Price.
48. Profound • www.profound.com
Online business information service for end-users and professional searchers.
49. PubMed • www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov
A digital archive of life sciences journal literature managed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
50. Research Bank / Investext • www.investext.com
A comprehensive collection of market research analyst reports on the Web.
51. Small Business Administration (SBA) • www.sba.gov
U.S. government agency charged with small business development and regulation.
52. Stat-USA • www.statusa.gov
Offers CD-ROM and Internet access to international trade and business information.
53. STN • www.cas.org/stn.html
Online information for a broad range of scientific fields, including chemistry, engineering, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, regulatory compliance, patents, and business.
54. Superior Information Services • www.superiorinfo.com
Online search service for public records data.
55. Thomson & Thomson • www.thomson-thomson.com
Online search service specializing in trademark and copyright searches.
56. U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) • www.uspto.gov
U.S. government agency charged with regulation and recording of all patents and patent applications.
57. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) • www.edgar.sec.gov
U.S. government agency charged with regulation of publicly traded companies and their stocks and other investment instruments.
58. Vault.com • www.vault.com
An employment and career information portal, offering specific industry and company news and profiles.
59. Venture Source • www.venturesource.com
Online database of focused research on the venture capital industry.
60. Wall Street Journal • www.wsj.com
Online version of daily newspaper, available by subscription.
61. Wall Street Research Net • www.wsrn.com
Up-to-date customized market and company news.
62. World Wide Web Virtual Library • http://vlib.org
Subject-based, decentralized Internet directory.
63. American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) • www.ahima.org
64. Association of Consulting Chemists & Chemical Engineers (ACC&CE) • www.chemconsult.org
65. Biotechnology Industry Cluster • www.azbiocluster.org
66. E-Healthcare World • www.ehealthcareworld.com
67. National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) • www.nawbo.org
68. Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) • www.score.org
69. Small Business Development Center (SBDC) • www.sba.gov/sbdc
70. Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) • www.scip.org
71. Special Libraries Association (SLA) • www.sla.org
72. Tech Oasis • www.techoasis.org
73. Encyclopedia of Associations Gale Research, Detroit, MI, annual www.galegroup.com
74.. Super Searchers Do Business: The Online Secrets of Top Business Researchers
By Mary Ellen Bates CyberAge Books, Information Today Inc., Medford, NJ, 1999www.infotoday.com/catalog/books.htm
75. Association of American Educators and the Association for Career and Technical Education