Date(s) - 03/04/2021
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Mar 04, 2021, 4-5PM, via Zoom.
Three Magic Things” to Prevent Cyber Attacks.
Register for this meeting with your organization email, or equal, to recognize you.
After registering, an email containing information about joining the meeting will be sent.
We are a non-profit supported, in part, by donations that help NMTC tackle the broad, technology/workforce challenges, bringing new ideas and great minds together, to grow our economy. Please make a suggested donation ($10) now to enable us to continue special programing like The Water Cooler. . Also contributing, with added benefits, is sponsoring this and future Water Coolers. Scroll to the end for detail.
“The Three Magic Things” of Cybersecurity”.
Cyber Crime is one of the greatest threats to every business, and the pandemic has increased the threat 400% as noted recently by the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center- IC(3). The impacts to the financial health of the company, reputation, and ability to operate can be catastrophic if not handled well from the time of the incident identification. Join us as we review some recent cases during the pandemic that employers have faced and how they handled the situation.
The solution is: “Be Proactive, Prepare For The New Threats”
- Ransomware is an Evolving Threat that Now Exploits the New Normal Brought on by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Organizations with Newly Remote Workers are at Heightened Risk
- Enterprises can Deploy “Three Magic Things,” which will Significantly Reduce Their Risk of a Cyber Incident at Little to No Cost
- Brian Dykstra is the CEO of Atlantic Data Forensics, Inc., an internationally recognized company handling hundreds of forensic investigations and data breaches each year for clients in the US, Asia and the Middle East. Mr. Dykstra has over 25 years’ experience in investigations, computer forensics, incident response, and secure network architecture. Prior to Atlantic Data Forensics, Mr. Dykstra was a co-founder of global computer security giant Mandiant. Brian regularly testifies as a computer forensics expert in US Federal and State court cases ranging from intellectual property theft to murder.
- Mr. Dykstra is a regular speaker at events such as Black Hat USA, DMV Cybersecurity Symposium as well as dozens of other cybersecurity conferences each year. For 6 years, Brian was a contract computer crime investigations instructor teaching at the FBI Academy, the FBI Regional Computer Forensics Labs (RCFL) and many FBI field offices. Mr. Dykstra is a weekly computer forensics and incident response instructor for the cybersecurity training site Cybrary and regular contributor to several related podcasts.
As a Presenting Sponsor of The Water Cooler you will receive podium time (now, virtually), logo and message inclusion in all media (social media, newsletters, website, LinkedIn) up to and immediately after event. When you purchase, you will be directed to how you submit your logo and message. Purchase price $200
Future Water Coolers
Apr 01, 2021 – Digital Tech Transforming Manufacturing
May 06 – Valley of Drones
Jun 03 – TBD
Online bookings are not available for this event.