April 23, 2020
TOPIC: Working Remotely & Securely, NOW!
COVID-19 has changed the way we live our day-to-day lives and heightened the need for enhanced protection as we navigate new IT territory. Encourage your employees to help with cybersecurity by being vigilant for phishing attempts and taking extra measures to protect their computers, their digital identities, and their information.
Security experts consider signing in to sensitive office networks with public Wi-Fi or unsecured network connections akin to “swimming in shark-infested waters”—it’s only a matter of time before you get bit. Always use private, password-protected Wi-Fi networks to work from home, and talk to a trusted IT provider about setting up a VPN that can minimize the risk to devices and data.
This informative session was presented by the experts at CMIT Solutions on best practices for protecting your networks, information, and communications in the current environment. (see below CMIT Solutions description)
Key questions answered were:
- Did you send the work laptop home with employee?
- Was that laptop updated before you sent it home?
- Does the laptop have full cybersecurity agents running and are they up to date?
- Do you have remote support for your users?
- Have you implemented VPN?
- Have you implemented multi-factor authentication?
- Are you using cloud services vs having remote access to your servers?
- If any of the answers is NO, how will you remediate.
- If you are working remotely and need to collaborate, what tool are you using?
In today’s fast-paced digital world, every business relies on solid IT support. CMIT Solutions support services provides this solid IT support to small and medium-sized businesses, specializing in delivering enterprise-level support worthy of a Fortune 500 company – at a price a small to medium-sized business can appreciate.
Even better, they combine the best of both worlds: every CMIT office is independently owned and operated, while still being backed by a nationwide network of more than 200 locations and 750 technicians, who come from Fortune 500 backgrounds, quickly, for you, scaling big company support down to your office, user and device.