This TECHCONN3CT workshop conveyed the variety of drone technologies, with the offer to fly them on the drone simulator,and get answers from panel experts (including BG&E and former advisor to Sec of Defense).
Unfortunately, rain prevented our traditional flying of the drones over the Beautiful Winter’s Run Golf course.
New this year, driven by recent public events, we included the unfortunate downside of this technology,
While a looming $100 billion industry, the downside is drones used to spy on you, and by terrorists in easily deployed, hard to detect drone swarms. For better or worse, drones will play increasingly significant roles in our lives and businesses.
A special gesture by one of our speakers, was NVision4D donating a $150 drone package raffled off that day. In addition, SURVICE Engineering displayed their latest, almost car-size military drones.
Topic covered were:
- Intro – John Casner
- Video on drones – Marco Ciavolino, enktesis
- Drone fundamentals – Rob Holmes, NVISION4D
- Threats possible with drones – James O’Bryon, The O’Bryon Group
- Industry use of drones – Dan Kurtz, BG&E
- Autonomy technology integrated into SURVICE Eng’s drone platform – Rob Baltrusch.
- Regulations, Harford Community College Courses – Joe Domanico
Followed by a Panel discussion for Q&A