April 23, 2020
Our monthly, in-person TechKey Cafes have now become TechKey Talks presented virtually. Still the informal sharing of solutions providing the ‘key’ that eliminates/reduces problems using technology – at work, at home, and personal use. They help you solve the annoying, perplexing ‘speed-bumps’, dead-ends in the use of, or hesitancy to purchase new technology and products.
The TOPIC this week was: Working Remotely & Securely, NOW! (see below to download presentation)NMTC – CMIT Solutions and Cyber Trust Alliance – Tech Talk April 23, 2020
This informative session was presented by the experts at CMIT Solutions on best practices for protecting your networks, information, and communications in the current environment where COVID-19 has changed the way we live our day-to-day lives and heightened the need for enhanced protection as we navigate new IT territory.
Security experts consider signing in to sensitive office networks with public Wi-Fi or unsecured network connections akin to “swimming in shark-infested waters”—it’s only a matter of time before you get bit. Always use private, password-protected Wi-Fi networks to work from home, and talk to a trusted IT provider about setting up a VPN that can minimize the risk to devices and data.
Key questions answered during the presentation
- Did you send the work laptop home with employee?
- Was that laptop updated before you sent it home?
- Does the laptop have full cybersecurity agents running and are they up to date?
- Do you have remote support for your users?
- Have you implemented VPN?
- Have you implemented multi-factor authentication?
- Are you using cloud services vs having remote access to your servers?
- If any of the answers is NO, how will you remediate.
- If you are working remotely and need to collaborate, what tool are you using?
Combine the best of both worlds: every CMIT office is independently owned and operated, while still being backed by a nationwide network of more than 200 locations and 750 technicians, who come from Fortune 500 backgrounds, quickly, for you, scaling big company support down to your office, user and device.
Download the presentation, NMTC – CMIT Solutions and Cyber Trust Alliance – Tech Talk April 23, 2020